The Nano-MTA Series are piezo nanopositioning mirror tip/tilt actuators. With nanoradian resolution, the Nano-MTA Series is ideal for applications involving laser beam steering, tracking, and scanning. Proprietary PicoQ® technology provides absolute, repeatable position measurement under closed loop control. The Nano-MTA series is capable of high speed, high stability motion and has been used in applications such as gravitational wave detection which need extremely stable and precise movement.
These actuators can perform high speed scans to 400 Hz and can be mounted in any orientation.
- Range of motion (per axis): 2.0 mradian
- Resolution: 4.0 nradian
- Range of motion (extended): 5.0 mradian
- Resolution: 10 nradian
- Resonant frequency (loaded with a 25mm diameter x 3mm thick glass mirror)
- X axis (2mrad/5mrad) 3.2kHz/2.8 kHz+20%
- Y axis (2mrad/5mrad) 1.25 kHz/800 Hz+20%
- Body material: Al, or Invar and Titanium
For more information on the Nano-MTA series of actuators’ features, specifications, individual model numbers/specifications, dimensions and more, download the datasheet.