The U8176LF is the world’s smallest ASIC based OCXO (Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator) designed to meet the most stringent requirements for 5G Remote Radio Head (RRH), small cell, optical network, and microwave transmission system applications.
This 7x5 mm OCXO is based on the ROM7050PA platform that combines Rakon’s patented Mercury+™ASIC with advanced SC-cut strip crystal technology to deliver excellent frequency stability in a miniature package.
Key features include:
- Supports frequencies from 10 to 50 MHz
- Smallest OCXO footprint industrywide: 7x5 mm
- Excellent Frequency vs Temperature (FvsT) performance: ≤±20 ppb from -40 to 95°
- Low frequency sensitivity to temperature: 0.1 ppb/°C
- Low phase noise: noise floor as low as -160 dBc/Hz for 10 MHz devices
- Fast warm-up time (for ±20 ppb stability): <15s at -25°C, <20s at -40°C
- Long-term stability: ≤3ppm/10 years
- Excellent g-sensitivity 1 ppb/g
- Resilient to airflow; stable in harsh environments
For additional features, specifications, and operating parameters, download the available datasheet.