The Kestrel 1000 Camera from Raptor Photonics is a Digital Monochrome Scientific Frame Transfer EMCCD, 1,800 fps, 128 x 128, 24µm x 24µm pixels, cooled to -20C.
The digital Kestrel EMCCD camera is based on e2v’s CCD-60 back-thinned 1/3″ sensor. It combines high sensitivity, speed and resolution. with QE up to 95%. It has strong response from VIS through to NIR. With EM gain on it offers less than 1 electron read noise. It uses a 16 bit A/D converter and offers a standard CameraLink output. At 1,800 fps, it offers some of the fastest and most sensitive speeds available on the market.
Additional Product Features Include:
- Up to 1,800 frame per second with ROI – The fastest EMCCD on the market
- 128 x 128 Back-thinned EMCCD sensor – Enables optimum image resolution in low light imaging applications
- 16 bit Camera Link output – Realtime imaging for low latency photon to digital image
- Up to 95% QE from back-illuminated sensor – Optimum Photon collection
- Strong VIS and NIR response and ultrawide bandwidth – From 350nm through to 1100nm
For more information, download the available datasheet and technical drawing.
You can also reference Electron Multiplying CCD (EMCCD) cameras here.