The V-931 is a high dynamics PIMag® voice coil motor from PI that can be utilized in many application fields. Uses include beam stabilization, satellite communication, image processing and stabilization, laser micromachining/tuning/scanning, beam steering with large deflection angles, and many others.
Voice coil drives like the V-931 consist of a permanent magnet and a winding body, located in the air gap of the magnetic field. Because of their low weight and friction-free drive principle, voice coil drives are particularly suitable for applications that require high dynamics and high velocities at limited travel ranges.
Additional Product Features Include:
- Beam deflection angle to 8°
- Two orthogonal tip/tilt axes with common center of rotation
- Identical motion characteristics of both axes thanks to parallel kinematics
- Compact design
- Durable and friction free thanks to flexures
- Noncontact direct position measuring with linear encoders
- For fast steering mirrors
For more features and specifications on the V-931, download the datasheet.