Abrisa Industrial Glass, a division of Abrisa Technologies and a global leader in thin film optical coatings and glass fabrication, provides precision custom machined glass optical components from prototype to high volume and OEM production. Abrisa Industrial Glass can apply a variety of precision processes, individually or in combination, to any glass substrate. 90% of glass fabrication requirements are unique; specific transmission, size, edge, polish, or cleanliness standards are evaluated and the exact process put into production in order to deliver optical components that fit each customer's requirement.
Typical fabrication capabilities include:
- Cutting – Glass cutting services include precision cutting of shapes and circles, waterjet cutting, glass tube cutting, and precision sawing of squares and rectangles.
- Edging – Finishing the sharp edges of cut glass is applied for safe handling, chip reduction, or aesthetics, angled and multilevel bevels, seams, corner dubbing, circle or flat ground, pencil, and polished edging.
- Screen printing & Etching – New technology and state-of-the-art equipment allow for high precision printing accuracy. Can combine conductive or display inks and custom colors using epoxy, enamel or ceramic-based inks for busbar, display, logo, and lettering applications. Opaque and semitransparent inks are available.
- Machining – Precision step and route surface, CNC processing, holes and tapers, countersink or inside dimension seaming, sandblasting, lapping, notching, slotting, grooving, buffing, and laser marking.
- Assembly – Value-added assembly work which includes gasketing, pressure sensitive adhesives, and lead wire soldering.
- Bus Bar – Bus bar application per project specifications such as silver epoxy printed on an ITO or IMITO.
- Strengthening – Two methods of strengthening are available:
Heat (tempering or strengthening), and chemical strengthening. The method used is determined by the type of glass, size, thickness, optical accuracy needs, and industry quality standards.
- Metrology – Prior to packaging, parts are inspected for surface and internal flaws via a series of rigorous tests to ensure that cosmetic requirements are met.
- Cleaning – Highly controlled cleaning processes include an array of specialized flat glass washers, ultrasonic tanks, automated dryers, and our Class 100 clean room to meet the most rigorous standards in the industry.
- Specialty Packaging – Private label and specialty packaging. Electronic parts can be packaged in gel caps, electrostatic bags, bar coded and stocked to customer specifications.
About Abrisa Technologies:
Abrisa Technologies is headquartered in Santa Paula, California and is comprised of three divisions that provide precision glass optics products and services. The divisions include; Abrisa Industrial Glass, Inc., Sycamore Glass Components, and ZC&R Coatings for Optics. As a market leader in optical coatings and high quality precision glass fabrication, Abrisa Technologies is dedicated to providing premier customer service, cost-effective products that fit each customer's exacting requirements.
About Abrisa Industrial Glass, Inc:
Abrisa Industrial Glass is located in Santa Paula, California, is a division of Abrisa Technologies and is a global manufacturer of high quality precision glass products and optical coatings for the defense, display, lighting, imaging systems, medical, and photovoltaic markets. Abrisa Industrial Glass's customized glass fabrication services include glass strengthening and coatings, screen-printing, bus bar, precision machining, cutting and edging, and clean room specialty packaging.
SOURCE: Abrisa Technologies